Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ashfield Park...

CARNIVAL OF CULTURES  


cancelled due to heavy rain


The annual festival held in our local 19th century park is full of grand trees, old school flower beds (either roses, geraniums or canna lilies) and Pheonix palm trees. The Carnival celebrates the diversity of people that live in the area and the paths are lined with plenty of community stalls and food stands. Well unfortunately not today...


I like others still went to collect our annual 3 free plants! This year again was only natives and I think there was a better choice of smaller shrubs (how the birds will be happy to have more Grevilleas about !) I am not sure about my particular choice... they are pretty but whether they will take to my shady clay and dry garden we will see. Here in front of a jade plant are my 3 newbies from left to right: Lomandra longifolia (because of its "strongly perfumed flowers"), Austromyrtus inophloia - blushing beauty and Dianella hybrid - silver streak.

No comments: